Wild About Lapland
is located in Rovaniemi, the capital of Finnish Lapland. They are passionate about sharing their wilderness lifestyle and its what they do best. The main goal of Wild About Lapland is to provide tours that allow all individuals to experience exactly what they wish for, whether it be to experience the Northern lights or to learn how to ice fish or even to take a Reindeer ride and meet Santa. Some people just want to see what snow looks like!
The types of winter tours they offer include:
• AURORA BOREALIS TOUR - Learn about the northern lights while you hunt for them with a personal guide.
• WILDERNESS TOUR - Wander into the forest to try and get a glimpse of the spectacular and elusive Finnish wildlife and natural beauty of Lapland.
• ICE FISHING - A great way to experience the silence of the wilderness and to experience a cultural activity that a lot of locals do every day. If you catch a big enough fish, you can cook it and eat it.
• ICE FISHING & SNOW SHOEING -Snow Shoe through old forests and across a frozen lake in order to get to the perfect spot for ice fishing.
• RANUA WILDLIFE PARK SPECIAL - Learn about all the animals in the park from a personal guide and feed the Polar Bears, Brown Bears and Wild Boars.
• FULL DAY TOUR - Combine their northern lights tour with the Ranua tour to get a full day of activities out in the wilds of Lapland.
• 2 DAY TOUR - Visit Ranua wildlife park tour, hunt for northern lights (2 nights in a row), go ice fishing or take a wilderness tour, and visit a reindeer farm.
Any of their specialized tours will give you more than just the experience you’re looking for. What they want you to get out of it is knowledge! When you finish a tour you will have a good understanding of your surroundings in the Lapland wilderness, the local people and the Saami people, the wildlife, and even a few key Finnish words.
For more information about current tours, availability and pricing, visit their website at www.wildaboutlapland.com